CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment: Critical Care, Third Edition (LANGE CURRENT Series)
All the management and diagnosis strategies you need in the critical care environment
CURRENT Diagnosis And Treatment: Critical Care delivers authoritative and clinically focused guidance in a concise, find-it-now format. Following the trusted LANGE approach, it includes a review of the etiology, relevant pathophysiology, and clinical symptoms as a prelude to diagnosis and treatment. Coverage includes everything from renal failure and surgical infections to coronary heart disease. There is a strong emphasis on evidence-based medicine throughout.
- Comprehensive overview of 39 key critical care topics, covering critical care basics, medical critical care, and the essentials of surgical critical care . .
- Valuable perspectives on the latest technologies, equipment, therapeutic strategies, and interventions. .
- Addresses common but difficult-to-diagnose critical care problems and delivers approach to the patient strategies . .
- NEW! Important treatment strategies for venous thromboembolism, acute respiratory distress syndrome, diabetic ketoacidosis, asthma, sepsis, and many more. .
- NEW! Current recommendations for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis, transfusions, goal-directed therapy in sepsis, mechanical ventilation, use of pulmonary artery catheters, and glycemic control. .
- NEW! PMID numbers on all references for easy look-up